Sunday, January 23, 2011

monday cat



This cat reminded me of the one I saw on one of my morning runs. It was early, 6:45 a.m. and around me, the houses were quiet.

I huffed and puffed up a hill on my way home and then I saw this huge grey cat. It was lying on its back, looking like a majestic grey porpoise and it was definitely awake. As I ran past its house (which the human occupants probably think they own), its eyes tracked my movements and its mouth curled into a distinct look of scorn and disbelief. In that moment, I believed all the stories I'd ever read about animals being able to communicate with their eyes.

"Stupid crazy girl, running around at this time in the morning .... "

I started laughing as I ran away. It wasn't good for my morale but really, it was nice to know that even cats think that waking up at 6 a.m. to run is crazy.

No comments: