Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Rhinocerous

W: Yeah I still can't tell the difference between a rhino and a hippo!

A: Huh?! But they're totally different!

W: yeah I know but and when I see a photo of one, I get it. But then I'll see the other and completely forget which one already!! How?

A: Uh, don't you teach primary school? What if you have to tell the kids about rhinos and hippos?

W: I think as long as I can teach rhino in one class and hippo in the other... plus there are pictures with labels!!

A: ....

***

The rhino is a homely beast,
For human eyes he's not a feast.
But you and I will never know
Why nature chose to make him so.
Farewell, farewell, you old rhinocerous,
I'll stare at something less prepoceros!

Ogden Nash

***

W is a darling and one of the strongest persons I know. She teaches school and still does not know the difference between a rhino and a hippo. But really, in a world where crazier things happen - it's not that preposterous or important :)

No comments: