Saturday, June 2, 2007

9 AM and I want to be at church already but I can't go

So it's 9.42am on Sunday and I'm sitting in front of my computer killing time because my cousin who is arriving today has yet to call to say that her flight has landed. I know her flight has landed because www.melair.com.au says so but the fact that she hasn't called yet worries me.

I've been in Melbourne for 3.5 years now and this year, my fourth and final year, it seems that my relatives have woken up to the fact that I don't have a housemate this year and they're flocking to Melbourne like a gaggle of geese. Bad metaphor, I know.

Why don't I have a housemate? I did find myself one but the person in question was the wrong gender so my loving parents nixed it and I found myself having to look for another. Then I realised that I didn't really want to live with 1) Someone I don't know very well 2) Someone from church 3) Someone who might have problems with the Boy being constantly around to use my Internet.

In the end I just got too lazy and decided not to bother looking. If one turns up, well and good. If not...well as it turns out, I'm too busy to be lonely anyway.

Hence the relatives attack. I've had people here every month now and I'm awfully tired. I like having them around. I really do. But it does get a wee bit exhausting.

So after the next lot (from Hongkong) I'm going to tell my mum to start discouraging people from coming in July specifically because I'm looking at my timetable and my course hots up around that time. I can't juggle too many things because I start losing my marbles and then the act is over.

No comments: