Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The village shows up


The first time I went to the airport to see a church friend off - I was shocked. I thought people were joking when they said they'd go see her off at 5 am in the morning in the middle of the week. But no, they were all there en masse and it was actually kind of nice in a way. It was like a throwback to living in a small village and how the whole town would turn out for stuff like seeing people off.

Anyway.


Miss M.G. flew off last night and I am sad.

She's been in my life the last 4 years and honestly I don't know how I managed to get through the first twenty-something years of my life without her. Everyone should have a friend that reliable, who cooks and bakes so well and who is so funny.


Mr Grey and I went to the airport last night to see her off and of course, something like half the church showed up. We took the obligatory giant group photo, Ms M hugged everyone and promised to come visit and off she went.

Sigh. I'm really going to miss her. She's been such a reliable cooking, catching up and shopping buddy :(

Looking back I realise that fully half of our shopping trips were in the supermarket - and there is really nothing like bonding at the supermarket.

No comments: