Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Moment of beauty: Lights at the Esplanade





On my way to the Singapore Flyer to meet friends on Monday, I walked past the main hall of the Esplanade and swam into light and colour. I stopped, thankful that in the midst everything else going on in my life, I could have this moment.

I stood and took shot after shot, trying to capture the colours and textures.

The second picture is a blurred shot, taken when I tried to turn my flash off. I was struck when reviewing the pictures by the realization that this is the way they would have looked to me if I'd taken my glasses/lenses off.

Astigmatism is an optical disorder that changes the way a person perceives light.That and myopia combine to turn my night world into a blurrily beautiful world of floating lights and colour.

No comments: