Monday, November 14, 2011

Room with a view



....

Actually, it doesn't have to have a view. It just has to be less cluttered.

People, have you ever watched one of those reality TV shows where they go to someone's house and do a house makeover?

I am so in need of one. There is 20 years worth of JUNK in my room. It's so bad that it's both funny and kinda hazardous at the same time. Poor Mr Grey, he keeps sneezing because of the accumulated dust:(

A couple of months ago, I finally cleared ONE SHELF and found - to my horror - that I had somehow squirrelled away my primary school notes and test papers. Not all (!!!) but there was a sizable stack of them.

I shook my head and thought to myself that - by hook or by crook, I need to declutter. The trouble is... how? when?

I cleared out two drawers this weekend. Yes TWO drawers and it was this massive exercise in which Mr Grey had to intervene and make me throw things out. He'd pull something out, thrust it at me and ask "Do you want to keep this? What is this? WHAT, its from secondary ONE?"

And if I showed any hesitation at all about saying "Yes, let's keep it" - it went into the dustbin.

*sigh*

We found - among other things -

2 hair dryers - both of which I never use since I don't blow dry my hair
2 digital clocks
Multiple chargers for mobile phones I no longer use / own
3 pitch pipes
3 photo frames - all unused because I have no space FOR displaying photos...
A polaroid from my fifth birthday party (I kept this obviously)
A stack of name cards...
A tangle of connecting wires and things .... and I no longer know what they are!

..........

I need help :(

That picture at the top is what I wish my room looked like. Not what it is by a long long shot.

I.WILL.CLEAN.MY.ROOM..... SOMEHOW.

*

UPDATE: Mr Grey and I made a trip to the Salvation army and successfully dumped bags and bags of old clothes / books / electronic devices (used but all in good working condition).

The room is still far from neat or uncluttered but hey, baby steps right?

No comments: