Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Back and eating chocolate

I have realised the futility of trying to blog while in Singapore. In between going out with family, dealing with family stuff, travelling to Medan and Hongkong, catching up with friends and generally trying spend time with as many of my friends as possible...blogging time and Internet time does not really exist.

Came back to Melbourne in the mood for going home to Singapore and wallowing in the embrace of my family forever. Yes I know, I'm in my twenties and I still want my mother. I'm pathetic that way.

The grey drizzle that greeted me at Tullamarine airport didn't help but what did help was the continuous flow of chat by the garrulous old Italian cab driver who took me back to my apartment. Along the way he filled me in on the weather of the past month, his life story, gave me an excellent sounding pasta sauce recipe and wove through peak hour traffic with skill and verve.

I still have a hankering for going home and wallowing some more in the embrace of family and late night mall opening hours but I guess I'm here for now.

Oh, and also for those I haven't yet informed. Boy and I have split up. Yes, I'm okay, or as okay as I can be. Yes, we're still friends and no, we didn't fight or anything ugly like that. Life stuff just got in the way.

The split pretty much explains the great great hankering for wallowing at the moment. So I'm going off to re read Harry Potter,eat chocolate and wallow with a veangeance.

No comments: